Back to School
Now that school is open, please watch for school buses. State law requires you to stop 10 feet before reaching the school bus when the red signal lights are flashing and the stop signal arms are activated. You are not permitted to proceed until the flashing red signal lights are no longer activated and the children reach a safe place. Passing a school bus when the signal lights are flashing can result in a $100.00 fine plus court costs. Five points will be assessed against your driver's license and your license will be suspended for 60 days. Please keep our children safe and obey the law!
Trick or Treat night in Robesonia will be on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Trick or Treat only at homes where the porch lights are on. For a safe Halloween, please follow the safety tips below:
• Check that the costumes are flame retardant so the little ones aren't in danger near burning jack-o-lanterns and other fire hazards.
• Keep costumes short to prevent trips, falls and other bumps in the night. ** Try make-up instead of a mask. Masks can be hot and uncomfortable and, more importantly, they can obstruct a child's vision- a dangerous thing when kids are crossing streets and going up and down steps.
• Make sure kids wear light colors or put reflective tape on their costumes.
• Trick-or-treaters should always be in groups so they aren't a tempting target for real-life goblins. Parents should accompany young children.
• Make sure older kids trick-or-treat with friends. Together, map out a safe route so parents know where they'll be. Tell them to stop only at familiar homes where the outside lights are on.
• Make sure kids know not to enter strange houses or stranger's cars.
• Kids need to know not to eat their treats until they get home. One way to keep trick-or-treaters from digging in while they're still out is to feed them a meal or a snack beforehand.
• Check out all treats at home in a well-lighted place.
• What to eat? Only unopened candies and other treats that are in original wrappers. Don't forget to inspect fruit and homemade goodies for anything suspicious. By all means, remind kids not to eat everything at once or they'll be feeling pretty ghoulish for awhile!
Halloween can be a lot of fun for parents and kids alike - if everybody remembers the tricks and the treats of playing it safe.
Halloween Curfew: From October 27* through November 5th between the hours of 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM the following morning, n<> child under the age of 18, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, is allowed on the Borough streets.
Violators and/or parents/legal guardians are subject to citations and fines up to $300 + court costs.